Views
Helpful
Replies

ip phone lock

yatisspor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi;

I want to lock my ip phone when i'm not on my desk. I don't want anyone to use my phone. Can i solve this issue with a password or something etc. ,not with extension mobility...

3 Replies 3

jgromero1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I do not think you can lock your phone without extension mobility (wich is the best way)... maybe you could configure call codes, everytime you make a call you have to introduce a personal code, so nobody can use your telephone, but I think it is really anoying. I would recommend EM.

Regards,

Javi

Or if you need a quick solution, you can change CSS to 'none' at CCM administration, everytime you leave the office before going home.

I've done that before, because i catched the cleaning team women making international calls to their home country (Ukraine) from my personal Cisco IP Phone....

Best way -> Extension Mobility

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Just remember though, this could be a security or safety hazard. If there is an emergency and there are no phones available because they are "locked" it could be worse. Check with legal or safety or the boss, then get it signed off to CYA and proceed.

good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: