cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

UNITY POV with Fax servers

jeff.singh_2
Level 3
Level 3

Hi guys, if we have a POV Unity system, on box storage can we still integrate 3rd party fax servers with this? How will the client have access to the faxes or will it just be part of the announcement that you have a new fax? What form or application does the customer use to compose and send a fax in POV?

If the fax server is integrated with the customers email system rather than Unity's on box exchange then am I right that this will not work for Unity?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Jeff -

This link may help - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/404/administration/guide/ex/sag0110.html

You can configure the Unity subscribers with a class of service that has FaxMail AND the Unity Inbox (using your onbox Exchange inboxes). I believe the Unity Inbox is a licensed feature. The users can access the Unity Inbox from their workstation and click on the fax link. They must have Fax Viewer software installed on the workstation to open the fax message. This document covers this in more detail.

Ginger

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Users interface with the fax server via one or more desktop clients. For XMediusFax, we have a thin Outlook client users use to send faxes from their Business Fax contacts in the GAL or a print-to-mail driver that can send a fax from within a document such as Word or Excel. In the Unity-fax server integration, you provide the message class names of the inbound fax form(s). Via text-to-speech, the user hears the message header of the fax and can redirect it to a hard copy fax machine for printing. Plain old voicemail will not work in this manner because you won't have the TTS engine or TTS sessions installed.

Ginger

Hi Ginger, thanks as always for your informative reply. What you have described is same as our systems and this works fine with UM, it's just that Cisco sales/features documentation states Unity VM can integrate with 3rd party fax servers - still not sure how that will work ?

Jeff

Hi Jeff -

This link may help - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/404/administration/guide/ex/sag0110.html

You can configure the Unity subscribers with a class of service that has FaxMail AND the Unity Inbox (using your onbox Exchange inboxes). I believe the Unity Inbox is a licensed feature. The users can access the Unity Inbox from their workstation and click on the fax link. They must have Fax Viewer software installed on the workstation to open the fax message. This document covers this in more detail.

Ginger

Ginger, thank you very much that pretty much covers my question. So with POV we integrate the fax server with Unity's on box exchange server and then integrate with the Unity system and subscribers use the inbox to manage the faxes...cheers, jeff