cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CME with X-lite softphone

skopman
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had any luck configuring CME 4.0 to work with the X-lite softphone?

8 Replies 8

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Works fine. To register the phone, configure username (same as extension number) and password under "voice register pool XX". You will need to specify a mac-adress that in reality doesn't matter and can be all zeros. In X-lite check the box "register with server" and choose "send outbound via proxy" with CME address.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

I was trying to configure SPA942 with CME 4.1 for several hours with no success and now I find your great post.

I tried your advise and configure username as extension number. And now it's all working! Thx! (+5pts)

Excellent Paolo :-)

Palo

Thanks for sharing. My rating is 5 !.

Regards

Lavanya

Palo!!

Thanks, for the Info.. finally I Have my Sip client working........

Regards,

Danny

Excellent Paolo :

Although this post is old, it comes up like 1st in a search on Google. I really wish someone would explain how these 3 party soft phones work. For instance, the PC I have it on is my "LAB" PC. I have 3 NIC cards in it. One subnet is for all the Cisco equipment, just to manage (telnet) into all the Cisco boxes. This IP does not have a default gateway set on PC. Then, another IP on the PC is another subnet, which is the subnet that the CME uses for real world SIP registration to SIP provider. This subnet has a default gateway on PC. Then there is another subnet on LAB PC, for servers. The CME's SCCP phones are on their own subnet. as controlled by the CME, but does not touch the LAB PC. All these soft phones I download, why cant you hard code an IP address in them? What IP do they use when they sit on the LAB PC here? All the instructions for 3rd party SIP softphones say to use the CME IP. Which one in my case? The "management only" IP, the SIP provider registration IP, or do I use the IP of the subnet of the SCCP phones and put a persistent route in Windows to it via one of the other IP's that goes to CME? Does the 3rd party SIP soft-phone need to have anything to do with the option 150 IP or any other IP in CME? Does the SIP softphone have to be a part of the SCCP DHCP pool? I followed all these SIMPLE configs and still wont register, and they really are SIMPLE configs. I just dont know why you cant hard code an IP in the XLITE or any other SIP soft-phone on a PC.

Thank you

my problem has solved by your advice 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: