cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

rebuild 4.23 subscriber

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

I have a publisher and subscriber which were both installed with original 4.2.1 media, and then upgraded to 4.2.3 with the maintenance release. I need to rebuild the subscriber, but when I try to run the 4.2.1 install, it fails because the pub is 4.2.3. Is there a way around this, or what are my options?

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Pete,

I think the 2 options are;

1. Build the Sub as 4.2.3 (new media)and add SR

2. Take the Sub off-line, build 4.2.1 upgrade to 4.2.3 with exact SR (re-sync the db)

I can't think of any other way.

Hope this helps!

Rob

balitewiczp
Level 2
Level 2

what do you mean "take the sub off line", do you mean off the network. During install, the sub tries to contact the pub, and thats where the fun starts.

The only option here is to get CM 4.2(3) Media and install the subscriber with that. You cannot build CM 4.2(1) Subscriber as you have mentioned. When Subscriber is being installed, it tries to contact the publisher and this process checks for CM version on the Publisher and if the Subscriber cannot reach the publisher it would fail. To get CM 4.2(3) Media, please refer http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_qanda_item09186a00802262ed.shtml

The Part you would order would be general to CM 4.2 and Cisco always ships the latest version of CallManager in the current release. And since CM 4.2(3) is the latest and greatest in CM 4.2 train, you would get CM 4.2(3)

Hi Pete,

I think Mahesh is right here (no surprise :)

I'm going back through my cloudy memory to work that we have done in the Lab with boxes off-line, but these were upgrades not total re-builds. Sorry for the wrong turn!

Option # 1 is the only way to go

Hope this helps!

Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: