CCIE Security - Materials

Answered Question
May 31st, 2007

I've been doing some research on this and I'm beginning to run into some roadblocks with gathering the proper study materials. I'm hoping someone here can provide me with a list of books that will be a good starting foundation.

The best I've found so far (from reading reviews) is Saadat Malik's Network Security Principals and Practices. Is this book still viable for the current exam?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by srue about 9 years 4 months ago

i was specifically referring to this book:

at a minimum you should go through the CCSP book s then. plus anything else you see worthy from the ccie sec book list.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
tduplantis Thu, 05/31/2007 - 06:41

Written, but of course, I will eventually need to do the lab too!

srue Thu, 05/31/2007 - 07:05

i took v1.0 in the fall. the exam cert. guide was worthless. i'd start with cisco press's general security books, as well as the CCSP books (assuming you have those).

i can say with 100% accuracy that the most important part of me passing 1.0 was having practical experience.

If i could pick one book (beyond the ccsp books) to recommend, it would be the Troubleshooting network security book from CP.

tduplantis Thu, 05/31/2007 - 07:17

The exam certification guide? Are you referring to this link?

I don't have the CCSP books. My practical experience is with the pix, ASA, Cat 6500, and 2600 and up routers.. bit rusty tho as I'm just starting it all up again.

I suppose it would be easiest if there is someone here that passed the latest CCIE security written with NO practical experience and get their input on study material. I just want to make sure I buy exactly what I need for this particular version of the exam.

tduplantis Thu, 05/31/2007 - 07:34

Thanks for the replies, and I think I'm going to follow your advice. Start with the CCSP and possibly even certify for a motivational boost going into my CCIE security studies. Thanks!

haithamnofal Sun, 06/03/2007 - 10:34

Hi All,

The Cisco Press CCIE Sec book you are referring to doesn't cover at all CCIE ver 2.0 exam topics. I don't recommend this to any one.

I am myself looking for a good material especially for the lab exam.

This Discussion