Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring a Port in CiscoView is no more possible

1amoser
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there!

After upgrading to LMS 2.6, I'm no longer able to configure a LAN port on a switch with CiscoView. All I get is an Error Message "Error on page", the changes are not acdcepted. I already tried with different IE Versions as well as different JRE versions.

Thanks for any advise!

6 Replies 6

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

What device and device package version are you using? Please try the same procedure with Mozilla instead of IE. Hopefully you will be able to reproduce the problem with Mozilla. In that case, putting "javascript:" in the URL field will bring up the JavaScript console, and provide more debugging information about this.

Actually I'm using CiscoView 6.1.5. Please find the java console output in the attachement. Thanks for any other ideas...

What is the configuration for the port you are trying to configure? I have a feeling the port description is breaking CiscoView.

Hi

The port description is blank and the same problem occurs with any action, taken on a interface e.g. changing duplex mode oder status.

Regards

Andy

Please provide a screenshot of the port config dialog as well as of the About dialog when viewing the device in question.

Here you go, hopefully this is exactly what you need.

regards

Andy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: