ICND, how long after Intro

Answered Question
May 31st, 2007

I passed the CCNA Intro test last March ('06). Is there a time limit on how long I can wait before taking the ICND? (I had surgery right after the first test and have the ICND scheduled for July, but may need more time to study.) I can't find the info anywhere on the website, but I might be missing this.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by compsolv about 9 years 7 months ago

Yeah - I agree - no time limit stated.

The ultimate time limit would be on any changes Cisco may make to the CCNA program - and they are usually very good with "grandfather clauses", so I do not think you have much to worry about at this point. Keep on studying!

Correct Answer by jrensink78 about 9 years 7 months ago

It doesn't appear that there is a time limit requirement between tests. Since you have already passed the Intro test, you should be able to log into www.cisco.com/go/certifications/login with you Cisco ID and see your progress towards the CCNA. It shows all of the requirements to obtain the certification as well as what you have accomplished. It will let you know if your INTRO test is still valid.

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Correct Answer
jrensink78 Thu, 05/31/2007 - 11:05

It doesn't appear that there is a time limit requirement between tests. Since you have already passed the Intro test, you should be able to log into www.cisco.com/go/certifications/login with you Cisco ID and see your progress towards the CCNA. It shows all of the requirements to obtain the certification as well as what you have accomplished. It will let you know if your INTRO test is still valid.

Correct Answer
compsolv Thu, 05/31/2007 - 11:16

Yeah - I agree - no time limit stated.

The ultimate time limit would be on any changes Cisco may make to the CCNA program - and they are usually very good with "grandfather clauses", so I do not think you have much to worry about at this point. Keep on studying!

CSCO10892433 Thu, 05/31/2007 - 18:19

Hi, Brandon

You are talking about holddown timer, but the original poster only wants to know hello timer.

Cheers

SSLIN

Actions

This Discussion