VG224 Distribution Panel

Unanswered Question
May 31st, 2007


I'm wondering if you can help me with the part number of the distribution panel that has to be connected to the voip gateway VG224. Does cisco have it? if no, please recommend one. I don't know whay to use.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
metalium2007 Thu, 05/31/2007 - 10:56

You have your answer here:

It is a normal "distribution panel, which connects to telephones, faxes, or analog PBX equipment". No need to buy special equipment, just make the connection of the multiport analog interface to the distribution panel with the cable specified in the equipment.

rob.huffman Thu, 05/31/2007 - 11:44

Hi Walid,

Just to add a note to the good info you received from Luis. The cable you need from the VG224 is an RJ21 (Male). Normally you would be taking this 25 pair cable to a cross-connect of some type. Here are the parts you would need to connect to a 24 port rack mounted Patch Panel (without needing to terminate the cable with Bix or 110 connecting tools).

Cisco RJ21 Cables

24 Port with RJ21 Male

These are just examples :) I have not checked pricing $$

Hope this helps!


Tommer Catlin Thu, 05/31/2007 - 13:00

well, if you are fancy like Rob is with the RJ11 patch panel that would be easy! But most installs I have done or have had done for me ;) were with aphenlol cables (good ones, best you can find,) then connectted to a 66 telco block. Then you can cross connect to your hearts desire anywhere in your building. Cross to other feeders, or the RJ panel like above. Get the punch down tool out!

rob.huffman Thu, 05/31/2007 - 13:38

Hey Tommer,

Ha, I wish they were all this easy as well :) You have to remember that I've been around since 1A2 Key Systems (yes that old!) when we had Amphenol Tools and made literally thousands of our own ends. Fancy is one thing I'll never be ;) (thats probably a good thing)

Take care man!



This Discussion