cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Database Subsystem Out of Service

roxysbrian
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how I can get my database subsystem in service? I amd running IPCC Express Premium 4.0(4) SR1. I have setup a database datasource but the subsystem has not started. I know that the database piece was installed. I have checked the services and everything looks ok there. Not sure where to go from here. Any help is appreciated.

5 Replies 5

nikolaas.noyez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

please check that the following is configured correctly:

- in the Database subsystem you should have added the datasource name + username + password

- on the ipcc server itself , via control panel - Administrative tools - Data Sources (ODBC) , add the datasource under System DSN and use the same datasource name as you have used in the database subsystem. ( here you can test the connection te be sure it works fine )

after this , the database subsystem should be up and running....

hope this helps

nikolaas

I have a script that will write info to an Excel spreadsheet that is on the IPCC server. I have setup the ODBC connection and also setup the datasource but the database subsystem still shows out of service. The only thing I have not done is to restart any services or the server. Is there anything else I need to check.

I would have queried the database using the same credentials which you are using in datasource. Most of time database subsystem gives this prob when credentials doesnt match or the account you are using doesnt have enough rights to query database.

IF you are using oracle database to integrate than sometimes reboot of servers is required. try rebooting the server and see if that helps you.

Pls donot forget to rate the post if helpfull

I'm not using a SQL database. I'm using an EDBC connection to an Excel spreadsheet that resides on the IPCC server. I have not been able to get the Database Subsystem to start.

Hello,

take a look here:

http://www.cisco.com/application/pdf/en/us/guest/products/ps1846/c1683/ccmigration_09186a008077cb33.pdf

Not everything is supported, that can be set up using ODBC...

Anyway, why dont you want to use the SQL server already set up on the IP IVR? Why is Excel so important? You can write data to SQL and then generate Excel out of it in no time using a simple DTS package.

szge

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: