Unity Digital Networking

Unanswered Question

Have multiple unity pairs (5), would like to automate the testing of the digital networking. All Unity servers in the same dialing domain, extensions are unique. Would like to use a distribution list to be able to verify that the digital networking is working properly. For example leave a message in one box and have it send to the next box in order until message has made the completed circle. Is this even possible since Distribution list do not reside on any specific unity server. Would be using this test scenario to verify that digital networking is working after a change has been made on a unity server or servers.

thanks in advance

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Ginger Dillon Fri, 06/01/2007 - 09:26

Hi -

What functions do you have enabled on your Unity servers that use digital networking, i.e. Cross-box login, live reply, cross-box transfers? In my opinion, I would use a methodology that tests those functions. For example, this is what I do to confirm digital networking is functioning between one or more Unity servers after installing maintenance:

- I have cross-box login enabled on all Unity servers

- I call the Unity server being tested and signin using my extension homed on another Unity server. I confirm Unity transfers me successfully to my home server. You can set up a test user on each Unity server (I know this does burn a license), but then you can call into Unity and send messages back and forth using these test subscribers.

Ginger

Actions

This Discussion