Views
Helpful
Replies

EM-4BRI-NT/TE voice port

study_voip
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have one EM-4BRI-NT/TE installed on one 3845 router, what is the actual voice port I can configure for the calls?

looks like the range is from 4/0/0 to 4/0/7, but from 4/0/8 to 4/0/11, they are configurable

4/0/0 -- fxs-ls up dorm on-hook idle y

4/0/1 -- fxs-ls up dorm on-hook idle y

4/0/2 -- fxs-ls up dorm on-hook idle y

4/0/3 -- fxs-ls up dorm on-hook idle y

4/0/4 -- fxs-ls up dorm on-hook idle y

4/0/5 -- fxs-ls up dorm on-hook idle y

4/0/6 -- fxs-ls up dorm on-hook idle y

4/0/7 -- fxs-ls up dorm on-hook idle y

4/0/8 1 bri-voice up dorm none none y

4/0/8 2 bri-voice up dorm none none y

4/0/9 1 bri-voice up dorm none none y

4/0/9 2 bri-voice up dorm none none y

4/0/10 1 bri-voice up dorm none none y

4/0/10 2 bri-voice up dorm none none y

4/0/11 1 bri-voice up dorm none none y

4/0/11 2 bri-voice up dorm none none y

12 Replies 12

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

from 4/0/0 to 4/0/7 are the FXS port of your EVM-HD-8FXS/DID that holds the EM-4BRI-NT/TE.

Hence the BRI voice ports are from 4/0/8 to 4/0/11. Note each one is repeated twice for the 2 B-channels in the show command above.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

thanks for your input.

my question is

when I configure

destination-pattern xxxx

voice-port ???

right now, I am using 4/0/0 to 4/0/7 because i think they are FXS port, but I can specify 4/0/8 as well, not sure which port is the right port i need to specify

Hi,

If you use the recommended blackbox patch panel, the BRI ports are marked like 1, 2, 3, 4, so in configuration, voice-port 4/0/8 would be the first of these.

I am using Blackbox, each BRI has two voice ports, and I need give each port one number, if I use the port from 4/0/8, I only can give 4 numbers, which is not very right, but i will try

Hello,

With ISDN, the numbers are also handled by the connected equipment, not just the router.

What are you connecting to this card ?

For example, if you connect a PBX, you will see that the numbers are the ones pertaining to the extensions behind the PBX.

You can also configure so that a single pattern is distributed across multiple ports, eg calls to 61xx will go out on ports 4/0/8 and 4/0/9. This is called a trunk-group configuration.

Conversely, you can configure so calls to multiple numbers or patterns will go out the same port, this is done configuring more than one DP with the same port.

All really depends on what you are trying to do.

I am connecting a video conferencing device which need 8 numbers. so I am thinking one fxs match one number, and I am confused about the port number range from 4/0/8 to 4/0/11

the router will act as TDM switch

Hello,

then for outgoing calls to the video device, you configure a DP with a pattern as I mentioned in my previous message. If you cannot or do not want to summarize the 8 numbers, you will configure multiple DPs.

Note that numbers are never tied to ports directly, but only using pots DP.

For incoming calls, the device will specify its calling number in the Q.931 setup message.

I would also configure an incoming DP with direct-inward-dial and the numbers that the device is calling (or a match-all for any number:

dial-peer voice 111 pots

incoming called-number ..

direct-inward-dial

p.bevilacqua

Thanks for your input, however, my question is still not be answered.

I will try it this week and let you know

thanks again for your input

And what your question exactly is ?

I found the answer already, the 1st 8 voice ports is totally different with the rest 4 ports

1st 8 ports are FXS only

the other 4 ports are BRI voice

however, I found new problem

when I connect the module to the video device, nothing shown up, looks like only layer 1 is up, layer 2/3 not up

any idea?

here is config

network-clock-participate slot 4

network-clock-participate wic 0

network-clock-participate wic 1

network-clock-select 1 T1 0/0/0

interface BRI4/0

no ip address

isdn switch-type basic-ni

isdn timer T309 30000

isdn protocol-emulate network

isdn tei-negotiation first-call

isdn point-to-point-setup

isdn layer1-emulate network

isdn incoming-voice voice

isdn supp-service name calling

isdn skipsend-idverify

line-power

dial-peer voice 222 pots

incoming called-number .

direct-inward-dial

port 4/0/8

dial-peer voice 233 pots

destination-pattern 233

information-type video

port 4/0/8

forward-digits all

!

Hello,

Good that you foudn the answer, in fact it was in my very 1st message in this thread:

from 4/0/0 to 4/0/7 are the FXS port of your EVM-HD-8FXS/DID that holds the EM-4BRI-NT/TE.

Hence the BRI voice ports are from 4/0/8 to 4/0/11

Now, how do you test this connection? How did you made the cable ?

Can you include debug output of "term mon" and "debug isdn q921" and "debug isdn q931" please.

layer 1 shown up, when I shutdown the port then no shutdown, layer 1 is deactived

debug isdn q921, nothing happen

I have one external NT1 device with one U and one S/T interface

i am going to do the test again next week

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: