Does CCIE-Voice Written Exam has simulations ?

Unanswered Question
May 31st, 2007

Hi All,

I hope someone who took the CCIE-Voice written exam lately can help me. Are there any simulation questions in CCIE-Voice (Written) exam ?

I know that this exam does cover all topics of CIPT, CVOICE, QOS, GW&GKs, IPTT. But can someone suggest to what depth one needs to be prepared with. I mean having the stuff related to all these in mind IN FULL DEPTH right in one time REALLY means something.

Thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
athar.ahmad Fri, 06/01/2007 - 22:26

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your input. The link says " The written exam is a two-hour, multiple choice test with 100 questions .. " It does not say the exam does not contain simulations :).

I tried to access the information of other tests as if anywhere simulations are mentioned or not. But in the details of no other exams i.e. CCVP it is mentioned that there will be simulations (while we all know there ARE simulations in all these !!).

Did you take the exam recently ? If you (or anyone else here) did then for sure it can be concluded that CCIE-V-w does not have simulations.

Thanks once again for your assistance.

Athar.

srue Sat, 06/02/2007 - 05:46

I've not taken the Voice written, but i've taken two others. There were no simulations on either of those. This is typical of any ccie written exams. who needs simulations on the written when the lab will take care of all that?

Brandon Buffin Sat, 06/02/2007 - 05:59

Athar,

As you mentioned, the link says that the written is a "multiple choice test". This indicates that there are no simulations. If you drill down to a particular test - 642-642 for the CCVP, for example, and click "Review type of exam questions", you will see that Simulations are listed. I took the exam in December of 2005 which was the beta for the current version of the test.

Brandon

athar.ahmad Sun, 06/03/2007 - 20:27

Hi Brandon,

Thanks for your reply once agaain...

Yes in fact I had dug into 642-642 and couple of others. Actually the link over there takes you to a generic page explaining all the types of questions that one might face while taking ANY cisco test. That is basically to help people familiarize themselves with the environment so they dont have to waste time while struggling with the presented information.

Once again thank you for your inputs and best wishes. Have a nice day.

Actions

This Discussion