cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Apache not running in LMS 2.5.1

h.cloostermans
Level 1
Level 1

I upgraded to LMS 2.5.1 (Solaris 8) and now the Ciscoworks home page (server:1741) is no longer available. After executing the /opt/CSCOpx/bin/pdshow command, I noticed that the Apache daemon was not there (pdreg shows that Apache is not even registered). So I'd like to register this daemon, but I don't know the exact command.

Can someone tell me what parameters I have to add by typing "/opt/CSCOpx/bin/pdreg -l Apache" on your system ? (pdreg -r appname -e /path/pgm -f flags -d depends [-w <timeout in milliseconds>] -n (no autostart) -q (no INFO messages) -t exitcode)

Thanks in advance,

Helen

7 Replies 7

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

/opt/CSCOpx/bin/pdreg -l Apache

Process = Apache

Path = /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/bin/web_server

Flags = -d /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache

Startup = Started automatically at boot.

Dependencies = Tomcat

Any reason why you don't further upgrade to LMS 2.6?

I thought it would be better to get the LMS 2.5.1 working first... but since I didn't succeed, I upgraded to LMS 2.6 just now.

I registered the Apache daemon (didn't happen automatically during the upgrade) and "ps -ef" shows the web_server processes now, but I still don't get the Ciscoworks home page.

Any ideas ?

Sorry, I should have mentioned the error:

HTTP Status 500 - No Context configured to process this request

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Status report

message No Context configured to process this request

description The server encountered an internal error (No Context configured to process this request) that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/4.1.29

I think the following might be of interest:

/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/Apache/logs/error_log

/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/logs/stdout.log

/opt/CSCOpx/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml

/opt/CSCOpx/objects/dmgt/dmgtd.conf

and probably /var/adm/CSCOpx/log/daemons.log

You may want to open a TAC case and attach those files.

If it's answering when you telnet to port 1741 of servername, it's more likely a Tomcat issue than Apache. Tomcat is supposed to be running on port 9009, according to /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/tomcat/conf/server.xml.

Thanks for your suggestions!

Telnet to 1741 answers... I'll look more into Tomcat then.

Can someone also post a copy of /opt/CSCOpx/MDC/etc/regdaemon.xml.

I suspect that this file is not complete, because I read somewehere that the hostname is supposed to be present in here, and it isn't.

It really sounds like your installation is corrupt. You will not be able to manually fix regdaemon.xml. At this point, you will be better off uninstalling LMS, removing /opt/CSCOpx, then installing from scratch. Given that any backup you have is probably corrupt, I wouldn't recommend doing a restore once you reinstall. At this point, it would be easier and safer to start over completely.