cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

are AP1242 in workgpbridge mode roaming capable ?

a.diot
Level 1
Level 1

hi all ,

i have aps 1242 with wireless client associated and an ap1242 in workgroup bridge mode associated too , can the ap in workgrp mode roam between different AP1242 ? if yes is there some special conf needed ?

normaly the client decide wich ap to associate with , does ap in workgrp have the same capacity ?

some sample or link will be very helpfull

thanks

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Alain,

Try this out;

Q. How do I configure my AP acting as WGB to dynamically switch between parent access points based on signal reception?

A. Use this command in order to configure the Workgroup Bridge as a mobile station:

ap(config)#mobile station

When you enable this setting, the Workgroup Bridge scans for a new parent association when it encounters a poor Received Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI), excessive radio interference, or a high frame-loss percentage. With the use of these criteria, a Workgroup Bridge configured as a mobile station searches for a new parent association and roams to a new parent before it loses its current association. When the mobile station setting is disabled, the default setting, the Workgroup Bridge does not search for a new association until it loses its current association.

From this good doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.3_7_JA/configuration/guide/s37hot.html#wp1041626

Hope this helps!

Rob

thanks a lot Rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: