Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco, linksys

Hi

I do not know if this is optimum place for this, however I believe that you can help me. I have n switches Cisco in my net, using VTP, acquired one switch of linksys (layer 2) however vlans (inserted manually) does not talk. The problem is not the VTP therefore it is proprietor Cisco, in such a way I created manually vlan in linksys however, vlans ?is not said?. What you finds that can be?

Peterson

5 Replies 5

mohammedmahmoud
Level 11
Level 11

Hi Peterson,

You are right, VTP is Cisco proprietary, and thus you'll need to configure the VLANs manually on the linksys, and also you must make sure that both switches are connected via a trunk link, for VLAN x on the Cisco switch to communicate with VLAN x on the linksys switch.

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

HI.

Both ports are trunk. But don't have communicate. Only the vlan administrative. I saw one link in linksys saying to modify the STP. But I am not certain, therefore to modify the type of STP in my net I will have that to stop an environment in production. I have that to have full certainty of that this would function.

Peterson

Hi,

Is VLAN1 your native VLAN on both sides ?

What STP type are you using on both sides ?

BR,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi.

My administrative vlan is 119 on both sides.

In switch Cisco the STP type is

In switch Linksys don't have indication STP type. I disable in ports, including port trunk

HI

switch Cisco the STP type is PVST

switch links the STP type is RSTP

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco