cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

eigrp stub connected

ciscoforum
Level 1
Level 1

The following is I quoted from cisco web. Question here is about the 2nd step the network statement, it says "Specifies the network address of the EIGRP distribution router."

what should I add in this network statement. Is 17216.0.0 or 10.1.0.0?For sure it should not be 9.1.0.0 because it says distribution router address. Here is the sample topology

Lan(172.16.10.0/24)--Distribution R0--10.1.0.0/16(WAN)--remote R1(stub)-Lan(9.1.0.0/16)

Thanks

Step 1 router(config)# router eigrp as-number Configures a remote or distribution router to run an EIGRP process.

Step 2 router(config-router)# network network-number

Specifies the network address of the EIGRP distribution router.

Step 3 router(config-router)# eigrp stub [receive-only |connected | static | summary]

Configures a remote router as an EIGRP stub router.

3 Replies 3

bjornarsb
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

If I have understood you question.

network network-number , is the network you want to advertice. Like this:

router eigrp 2120

network 10.0.0.0

config-router)#network ?

A.B.C.D Network number

BR,

Bjornarsb

In a normal situation it is. You put the network you want to advertise including your lan address, looback address etc. But this is different. This is called eigrp stub. In the configuration guide I quoted it clearly stated to put the distribution router's network address. So what I need to confirm what that is. DIstribution router has 2 network address here as we see here, 1 is 172.16.10.0, the other is 10.1.0.0.. So you think it is 10.1.0.0 not 172.16.0.0? Thanks

You need to put both addresses in network statements under EIGRP. In this respect EIGRP stub is just exactly like configuring normal EIGRP. You need a network statement for the WAN interface so that it will run EIGRP on that interface and establish a neighbor relationship. You need a network statement for the LAN interface so that EIGRP will advertise that subnet. If this router is a stub then there should not be any EIGRP neighbors on the LAN interface. And in this case it may be advisable to make the LAN interface passive (not required but may be advisable).

HTH

Rick

HTH

Rick
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card