cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 and MGCP

jmachiggins
Level 1
Level 1

I have a question that I'm having difficulty finding an answer for. Is it possible to run both MGCP and H323 on the same router simultaneously? I have a customer that needs H323 on one or two FXS ports but has only MGCP gateways. They would like to avoid buying more hardware.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

Yes this can work fine. You can run both MGCP and H323 on the same router. MGCP would only control the FXS port where there is a dial-peer with service mgcpapp configured. So if you want to use the FSX ports as H323 then all you need to do is configure these ports the way you would configure any FSX port for H323.

I hope this helps.

Great. Thanks. This was my gut feeling, but this gateway serves a large number of other circuits and I did not want to take the whole gateway down if I was wrong.

as long as you change the config of only the FXS ports in question, it should not affect any other interface.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: