cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID on T1 CAS

lhiatt
Level 1
Level 1

Is there any way to get inbound called id to work on an MGCP gateway on a long distance T-1 CAS. It is configured as e&m wink start. I can see the *ANI*DNIS if I put a Tbird on the line, but callmanager seems to ignore it. All of the research that I have done leads me to believe that to get this to work I will need to convert to H.323 gateway and have carrier send e&m FGD. Is there any other way?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, caller ID is not currently supported with T1 CAS and MGCP. See the following link. The only option currently is to convert to H.323. As you said, you will also need FGD.

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K48396653

Hope this helps.

Brandon

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

No, caller ID is not currently supported with T1 CAS and MGCP. See the following link. The only option currently is to convert to H.323. As you said, you will also need FGD.

http://www.ciscotaccc.com/kaidara-advisor/voice/showcase?case=K48396653

Hope this helps.

Brandon

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

If you already see ani/dnis you should be able to have this working with e&M-fgb.

See:

http://cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps1834/products_feature_guide09186a008007fe27.html

The alternative is to convert the trunk to PRI that would give you the choice of using MGCP, plus all the benefits of ISDN.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Unless I am missing something, The document you referenced only applies to the AS5300 and AS5800. I have a 2811 router acting as an MGCP gateway.

Hello,

Since quite a time already, multiservice and ISR router, and the AS5x00 features have been worked with an objective of "feature-parity".

There may still be features not available on both platforms, but less and less than before.

Specifically, I think you should be able to configure e&M-fgb on your ISR. Once again, my advice would be for conversion to PRI that is always a safe harbor.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

What about on a 2650XM router? I have another T-1 CAS terminating in it.

As I said, when using a recent IOS, all the features available on an ISR would be the same on the 2650XM.

As a recognition to those providing answers, please rate all useful posts using the scrollbox below!

I do not have feature group b (fgb) as a choice for this gateway in callmanager. Do i just leave it set for wink-start in callmanager?

Hi, if you use MGCP you will be limited to what CCM supports and this could mean loosing ANI with E&M FGB.

On the other hand if you configure for H323 or SIP the feature should be available under as cas-group and calling/called numbers should be passed to the CCM.

Thank you for the nice rating and good luck!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: