Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

DFM Learning status

I have a LMS 2.6, now i am in configuring proccess, in all modules they could know all devices.

But in DFM, all the devices appear like "Learning status", i went to rediscovery/delete option and all devices appear like this:

IP Address = x.x.x.x

DNS Name = x.x.x.x

Device Status = Learning

Device Type = N/A

Aliases = N/A

Containments = N/A

DFM Processing = N/A

Time Last Discovered = N/A

Import Time Stamp = 31-May-2007 18:21:35

*** Data Collector Status Information ***

Discovery Progress = 10% completed

Error Code = N/A

Error Message = N/A

I deleted the devices from common services (Device&Credentials), but in DFM still shows the devices in learning status, so i tried to delete them in rediscovery/delete option, but the delete option is disable.

If I add a device again, it still stay in learning status.

could somebody suggest me anything to fix that?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Is micronet-1a9514 the fully-qualified hostname of this server? You do not have any domain name configured?

From the log, it looks like the trap receiver cannot bind to UDP port 162 since something else is already listening on that port. You should disable the trap receiver in DFM by going to DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > SNMP Trap Receiving, and set the port to either 0, or some other free UDP port (e.g. 9000).

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You will not be able to delete devices from DFM until you turn the auto-manage mode off under DFM > Device Management > Device Selector.

Stuck at 10% usually indicates a problem with DfmServer or DfmBroker. Make sure both of these daemons are running. The NMSROOT/objects/smarts/local/logs/DFM.log may also have some relevant errors. If this is Windows, make sure the server's fully-qualified hostname is resolvable:

NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\resolver.pl

Where is the server's hostname plus domain name that is found under My Computer > System Properties > Computer Name > Change > Full computer name.

hi:

the DfmBroker and DfMServer ar running normally, i found some errors in DFM.log, but i don't know what it means(attach the document).

Also i ran the NMSROOT\bin\perl NMSROOT\bin\resolver.pl

it seem that is working:

C:\Program Files\CSCOpx\bin>perl resolver.pl micronet-1a9514

Original name: micronet-1a9514

Hostnames/IP Addresses:

micronet-1a9514/192.168.6.64

micronet-1a9514/10.31.30.254

it shows the ip addresses of my Server

Is micronet-1a9514 the fully-qualified hostname of this server? You do not have any domain name configured?

From the log, it looks like the trap receiver cannot bind to UDP port 162 since something else is already listening on that port. You should disable the trap receiver in DFM by going to DFM > Configuration > Other Configurations > SNMP Trap Receiving, and set the port to either 0, or some other free UDP port (e.g. 9000).

Hi:

I disabled the "SNMP Trap Receiving"(Recieving port=0), and deleted the devices on "rediscovery/delete" Option, I added some devices again and it seems worked.

But I'm a little confuse, if I disable the "SNMP Trap Receiving", when cause a problem with a device, it wont send you an alert? or is this option for another purpose?

DFM is primarily a poll-driven fault management system. It only handles a few traps, and almost all of its events do not require traps. It is perfectly normal to use DFM without having it receive any traps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: