Views
Helpful
Replies

Auto-answer with speakerphone in CME

cstcorpsk
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to configure the CME to auto-answer phone in speaker mode. Is there a way other than the intercom option to configure it. There are 5 phones that need to have this capability to call amongst themselves. This is for a retail environment, so the user needs to be able to answer the phone without reaching the phone and talk to the person at the other end.

I will have to create a lot of dns for this is to be effective with the intercom configuration. Any help with an easier method will be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Suresh

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Suresh,

Unfortunately, the "Auto Answer" on Speakerphone" still only applies to Intercom calls :( Have you thought of using Cordless Headsets? This would offer some privacy and freedom as well.

In Cisco Unified CME 4.0 and later versions you can configure lines on specific phones to automatically connect to incoming calls when the headset key is activated. The phone cannot be busy with an active call and the headset key must be engaged to automatically answer calls. Incoming calls are automatically answered one by one on the phone as long as the headset light remains lit. For each ephone, you can specify one or more lines for headset auto-answer.

After a phone is configured for headset auto-answer, the phone user must press the headset key to start auto-answer. The headset light is lit to indicate that auto-answer is active for the lines that are designated in the configuration. When the phone auto-answers a call, a zip tone is played to alert the phone user that a call is present. To stop auto-answer, the phone user presses the headset key again and the headset light goes out. At this time, the phone user can answer calls in a normal manner using the handset.

From this doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps4625/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008080d3d6.html#wp1010332

Plantronics makes some very nice Cordless Headsets like the CS50 and CS60 that would fit the bill quite nicely.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Rob

Thanks for the reply, Bob. I think I will be able to convince the concerned people to buy headsets to meet their needs. Hope Cisco will include the speaker option in future CME versions.

Thanks for the quick response.

Suresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: