Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

4400, Problems with Trunk Connection

Hi All, i have 2 4400 Controllers to integrate. Both are connected via LAG, Switchconfig config follows the Deployment Guide. with no dynamic Interface configured, everything works fine. With the first dynamic Interface i configured, my trouble begans. The Mangement Interface is no more reachabel, nor ping or https goes through. With dynamic Interface disabled, everything works fine. I changed to an other chassis, with no Channel Config but with only one Interface and a Trunk, same picture. Any idea? Regards, Michael

4 Replies 4

ankbhasi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

Can you please confirm which version of code you are running? Also can you post the output of "sh interface summary" & "sh lag" and also the port config of switchport on which this controller is connected?

Regards,

Ankur

Hi Ankur, the 4400 are running 4.0.217.0. For the Moment we have disabled LAG and are using a single Trunk Connection. I had checked this befor, LAG was enabled and from the Switch Side the Etherchannel was established. All necessary VLANS were allowed and one of them (which with the Management and AP-Manager IP) were configured as native VLAN. Thank you for replying, best regards, Michael

And are the management / ap-management interface are configured as vlan0 on the controller -or- is the native vlan tagged as well?

Hi Rupert, the VLAN with the Management/AP-Manager IPs is configured as native on the Trunk and untagged (0) configured on the Controller. Regards, Michael

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card