cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

windows PEAP with MS-CHAPV2 and Novell edirectory ??

rico_hao40
Level 1
Level 1

I have a wireless with Cisco aironet, ACS and user database is Novell edirectory. I found when I use windows PEAP with MSCHAPV2 the authentication failed, if use GTC it success.

I checked cisco site looks like Novell edirectory does not support windows PEAP with MS-CHAP authentication? is it right?

Is any solution for this? I would like to use windows wireless client with PEAP. otherwise i have to install third-part wireless client to support GTC.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

didyap
Level 6
Level 6

Novell diectory does not support windows PEAP with MS-CHAP authentication

Hi,

Yes, thats correctly understood, the old way of handling this was to buy client software (former Oddyssey or Aegis) Today that software is Cisco Secure Services Client if you want EAP-GTC support. Otherwise the most viable solution today would be to use the Novell Client32 with 802.1x support through XP supplicant and then run "FreeRadius" for the connection to Novell. That is a special solution developed by Novell together with Free Radius. The Radius server in this case will "translate" between the LDAP database eDirectory and the supplicant running EAP-MSCHAPv2. Drawback is that the Novell Client32 with 802.1x support is still in beta a few more months.

Good luck,

Richard

daniel.marza
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Did you make it work with a Token server or may it work with user/password credentials?

Is this still in beta and has anyone tested it with Novell SUSELinux yet?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: