cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco WLAN versus Aruba Networks

acomiskey
Level 10
Level 10

I have experience with cisco wlan products, but no experience with Aruba Networks. Could someone please point out a few advantages of Cisco over Aruba Networks' offerings?

I am trying to justify the higher initial cost of Cisco equipment to a client.

7 Replies 7

oj88
Level 1
Level 1

We're kinda in the same boat. I'm currently reading this article: http://www.networkcomputing.com/showitem.jhtml?docid=1603f2

That NWC article is a bit dated, but the key concepts haven't changed.

It's inappropriate for me to bash a competitor in this forum. Check with your Cisco account reps for the key knocks against Aruba and differentiators for Cisco.

Since when is comparing competitor products considered "bashing"? Is this a Forum or not? That being said, you may want to get more varied and objective feedback on the cwnp.com forum.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Adam,

I recently attended an Aruba Sales/Technical presentation and left it feeling good about being a Cisco deployment. I think that the overall Cisco product line for wireless really shines versus Aruba. There are very few AP/Antenna/Controller choices with Aruba. And the R&D commitment from Cisco makes me feel that over the next few years this gap between the two products will grow even wider.

The other item that really stood out was Support. Check into Arubas support in your area. There are very few parts depots and the turn-around times for replacement of faulty items didn't give me the "warm fuzzies".

This is just my personal 2 cents worth Adam :) and I certainly don't want to bash any company or product. I do have colleagues who use Aruba products and are quite happy with them.

Take care,

Rob

wififofum
Level 4
Level 4

Here's Aruba's version of Cisco's insular info exchange (just kidding, but like Netpro its valuable too).

http://edge.arubanetworks.com/

Thanks guys. My intention was not to start an Aruba bashing thread, just to learn a little about them as I never knew they existed until recently. I guess these guys are partnered with Alcatel/Lucent?

Alcatel OEMs Aruba gear.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: