Views
Helpful
Replies

Urgent Question about loading boot image file to a VPN 3030 concentrator

Fernando_Meza
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Netpros,

I really hope someone might be able to assist me with this URGENT question. I have an upgrade to perform in 12 hours. By reading the Cisco documentation I also need to upgrade the boot image file. Here is my question .. the image file name from cisco is vpn30xxboot-4.0.Rel.hex however the VPN concentrator would only accept 8.3 format filenames i.e BOOTFILE.TXT .. so the question is is it ok to just keep the same hex extension without causing any damage to the file ..i.e naming the file BOOT-4.hex .. your comments are much appreciated ..

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ggilbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Fernando,

Take out the "-" from the naming and just use BOOT40.hex

what is the concentrator type? If it is a 3005, you would not need an upgrade of boot code.

you would only need a boot code upgrade if the memory is upgrade from 256 to 512MB - Just an FYI.

Good luck in your upgrade.

Cheers

Gilbert

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

ggilbert
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Fernando,

Take out the "-" from the naming and just use BOOT40.hex

what is the concentrator type? If it is a 3005, you would not need an upgrade of boot code.

you would only need a boot code upgrade if the memory is upgrade from 256 to 512MB - Just an FYI.

Good luck in your upgrade.

Cheers

Gilbert

Cheers Gilbert,

The Concentrator is a 3030 and yes I will be upgrading to 512 MB .. cheers for your comments .. I thought so but I needed to be 100% sure.

Cheers,