Views
Helpful
Replies

wireless link management with Cisco 2950 & Vlans

gpfede1983
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, i hope some can help me with this problem,well here i go,

i have two vlans connected to cisco 2950 switches, and the connection between the switchs is made with a wireless link, in order to interconect both vlans the ports of the switchs connected to the wireless radio are configured as trunking, so far so good, basically this is the topology:

Vlan A(.100) -->Switch --> radio - - - - (Wireless link) - - - - radio<-- Switch <--Vlan B(.20)

The radios have static IP (currently in the vlan 100), now, i want to manage the wireless link, hence, access the radio config but the radios do not support 802.1q (vlans) so when i, for example, try to ping any of the radios they pass the packet to the switch because is tagged with a vlan that they dont "understand", so i need to make the swiths remove this tag and pass the packet back to the radio, can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

1 Reply 1

balajitvk
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

In the switch configure the Wireless management subnet in native SVI and it will passes the native vlan packets as untagged so your Radios may understand... For security reason you may configure native valn as other than 1......

Can you tell me whether you are using cisco radio or other vendor....

Rate if it does,

Rgs,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card