Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE, Don't play "You can leave a message after the tone"

johnnystahlhut
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

Is it possibly to "Hang up" after the Greeting in a mailbox, like in Cisco Unity?

Maybe via CLI.

I use CUE 2.3.4

/Johnny

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Johnny,

Here is the CUE method;

"Announcement Only" Mailbox

You can use either the Cisco Unity Express AA or a voice mailbox in order to play an announcement to callers that changes frequently (perhaps daily or hourly). Cisco Unity Express does not have a direct feature or mailbox type called an "announcement-only" mailbox, but you can use various other Cisco Unity Express features in combination to achieve this operation.

AA Application

The Cisco Unity Express AA is the most flexible way of implementing an "announcement-only" mailbox implementation. Write an AA script that plays an announcement (prompt) to callers. The simple example file (Announcement-mbox.aef) Associate this script with a pilot number (in the same way you would build a Cisco Unity Express AA application). Callers to the pilot number will hear the announcement and the call will be automatically disconnected by the Terminate step.

Building the "announcement mailbox" application using the Cisco Unity Express AA features has the following characteristics and tradeoffs:

The person making changes to the prompt recordings and assignments requires AVT access (to gain this access, define a group with the privilege to access the AVT and then add the users that must have this access as members of the group). This provides automatic PIN authentication so that only designated administrators can make changes to the announcements.

The person making changes to the prompt recordings and assignments requires browser access to the Cisco Unity Express GUI to change the prompt filenames and assignments to the script. Although these changes can also be made via the CLI, this interface is likely not well suited to the person who would be maintaining these prompts.

The simple script example shown in Figure 32 disconnects the call immediately after the announcement, but you have full flexibility in the script instead to request and process input (DTMF) from the caller, or provide other information or choices (such as being transferred to an operator) subsequent to the announcement.

You have full control over the exact content of the phrases spoken to the caller and you can disconnect the call at a time of your choice. You need not rely on the caller to hang up or take any action.

You can have the same announcement available in multiple different languages. You can either direct the caller to a language of choice by presenting a menu step before the announcement is played, or you can derive the language preference from the called number (provided you have different PSTN numbers for the different language preferences, and therefore also multiple pilot numbers associated with the application script).

You can easily prerecord announcements, and have them automatically activated at a later time by using the time-of-day, day-of-week, or business-hours steps in the script. The example script in Figure 34 shows four different announcements given during the day in two-hour blocks, and a fifth announcement is given after hours. These announcements can all be recorded at the start of the day (or the end of the previous day) and each will take effect based on the actual time of day as specified in the script. By designing your own custom script, you have full control over the schedule and timing of the announcements that the application plays.

From this good CUE doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a0080406670.html#wp1015952

Hope this helps!

Rob

Hi Rob.

Thank you for your good answer.

I hoped I could avoid the AVT for the end-user.

I have 3 independent department and already created AA-application to take care of Hollyday/TimeOfDay etc.

Another thing. You can only have 4 "Call-in numbers, and now I have use the 3!

I will instrukt the to make a 5 sec. silence after the greating.

/Johnny

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: