ISCW Training Material

Unanswered Question
Jun 2nd, 2007

I've passed the BSCI, BCMSN, ONT from the new books that were printed this year. I really want to finish and get my cert but the ISCW is my last hurdle and training materials for this doesn't come out till July. Anybody have any solid training material?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
jgreenwoodii Sun, 06/03/2007 - 09:02

I believe it was the 3rd or 4th addition the author was David Huccaby I believe. Very good book cover the testing topics that were on the exam. I believe it was published earlier this year. So its a new book that you will be looking for, and I definitely would get it versus the old book because it covers alot of voice and wireless topics that are on the test.

mark.j.hodge Mon, 06/04/2007 - 06:32

I am looking to go down the path of CCNP using these publications as/when they become available in the UK. Did you have any experiance or lab time before taking the exams, or were the books sufficient?

jgreenwoodii Mon, 06/04/2007 - 07:06

I've had quite a bit of experience because I actually work in a lab environment, but for testing purposes the BSCI third edition that came out earlier this year, I would definitely recommend doing the exercises in the book on the gear if you are able to, or definitely understand the concepts and command lines to to the simulations. The BCMSN, and ONT the book is sufficient to study from. All the books are sufficient to study from but nothing is more reassuring than actually practicing what you learn on the equipment.

mark.j.hodge Mon, 06/04/2007 - 23:54

Thanx, I have a reasonable amount of experiance with switching and wireless, my weak area is definately routing. I'll leave that to last as the 4th edition BSCI is due August 2007 in the UK.

This Discussion