cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Where do I get the DUC Software?

maloumar1234
Level 1
Level 1

Customer purchased the groupware package from Cisco (with the DUC license)

It is my understanding that Cisco should provide the DUC software when it is purchased from Cisco. The customer does not have to go to IBM and purchase it again, is that true?

If so, does it come in a CD format? Will the distributor send it with the Unity CD package? If the customer cannot find the DUC software with the package, do they go back to the distributor?

Regards

4 Replies 4

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Majid,

Have a look at this thread from last spring. There is a good answer from Shelley@Cisco that indicates the DUCS software can be ordered and is shipped from Cisco.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40.1ddaae71/0#selected_message

Hope this helps!

Rob

Thanks for the Link. But this was not helpful. I am aware of the procedure to either order from IBM or Cisco. We ordered it from Cisco, but till now, no one in Cisco Dubai at least knows how the IBM DUC software delivery works. I can't find anyone that could answer a simple question.

Does Cisco ship it with the Unity CD package?

If not, then how does Cisco deliver the DUC software?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Majid,

Maybe this is more helpful. This clip from Tim indicates what is actually shipped from Cisco;

In the end it looks like Unity for Domino 4.2 includes Domino DUCS licensing, and it also ships with DUCS CD version 1.2.2 and 1.2.3.

So for 4.2 you dont need any additional IBM licensing or media kits.

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Unified%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=Unified%20Communications%20Applications&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1ddd5a64/5#selected_message

Take care,

Rob

Rob, thanks man. Now I got to go track down the reseller and get the duck :)

Regards

Majid

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: