cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to integrate Nokia E62 with Cisco Call Manager 4.x?

itzzdeepak
Level 1
Level 1

The Nokia E-61 can be integrated with Cisco Call manager 4.x using a Nokia Call Connect 1.0 client.

1.Is it possible to do the same with Nokia E62.If it can be done,what would be the requirements?

2.Is Nokia E-62 PDA a Cisco Compatible Extension device?

3 Replies 3

stephan.steiner
Spotlight
Spotlight

I believe Cisco and Nokia are steadily extending the number of models supported. Right now it's the E60 and E61, soon the E65 will join. .The E62 might already work since it's basically an E61. What will definitely work is connecting any SIP capable cellphone as SIP client to a CCM 5.x and above.

By the way.. how exactly is this development related?

Thanks a lot for the prompt reply.You are right in saying that nokia and cisco are increasing the number of models supported.Infact the E65 has already joined the club.But my point of interest is the nokia E62 in particular.This Nokia E62 device

1) does not support WLAN interface(while E61,E65 does).

2) It is not Cisco Commpatible extension device.(I did not find E62 in the list of Cisco Compatible extensions.chk out the attachments for more info).

3)It is not compatible with Nokia Intellisync CAll Connect 1.0(while E61 and E65 are compatible.chk out the attachment for more info).

I found this rather weird and i wondered if Nokia E62 can be integrated with Cisco Call manager ,especially a device which is not Cisco compatible.The only possibility i can see from your answer is that the Nokia E62 might not be SIP enabled(correct me if i am wrong here!)

My objective is to send a message from a CUAE script to a nokia E62 device.Please excuse me if my posting is not in the right place.i would be highly grateful to you if you could give me pointers to an appropiate location where i can get my queries answered.

Hmm.. no WLAN? Then the integration has to be different.. we're looking at a mobility manager (or mobile connect in ccm 6.x) style integration now. So either mobility manager directly or you could use the cisco unified mobile communicator once the ccm 6.0 suite launches officially. Cisco acquired this product as part of their Orative acquisition, and it does support the E62 right out of the box (you need a GPRS connection from the mobile phone to a server at the office of coruse).. this product is basically a mobile version of the CUPC (personal communicator)it looks quite nice.

If using mobility manager, you can forget about sending messages (well.. you could send an SMS of course), with CUMC I honestly don't know if the device can in any way act like a regular Cisco phone and supports CiscoIPPhone XML.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: