CiscoPress publications

Answered Question
Jun 4th, 2007

What is the difference between the CiscoPress "Self Study" guides and the "Exam Certification" guides?

For the subjects I have checked, they are approxamately the same price, and the same length. The "Exam Certification" guides seem to have a CD included but other than that why two publications?

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 4 (1 ratings)
delatobanoah Tue, 06/05/2007 - 20:43

I have only used the exam certification guides, but according to the web site, the study guides are for people with no prior knowledge of the subject. They are more basic than the exam certification guides. I'd suggest the exam cert guides, since like you said they come with software as well.

srue Wed, 06/06/2007 - 10:44

i've used both, and have had equal success with both. the thing about ciscopress is that not all exam study materials come in both study guide flavors. sometimes you have to get one or the other, you're not given the option of both. having said that, for exam purposes, i think the exam cert guides do a slightly better job b/c they are more focused on the exam blueprints. the study guide series adds a bit of fluff.

This Discussion