cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SSL VPN on a PIX 515

alan.morris
Level 1
Level 1

As I understand matters, SSL VPN is not support on the PIX 515 even with version 7 software. However SSL VPN is even available on (some?) Integrated Services routers?

Many manufacturers are producing low cost SSL VPN devices, surely it not too much to expect for a relatively expensive device like a 515 to support this. Have I got things right? If I am correct am I alone in thinking this way?

2 Replies 2

Kamal Malhotra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Alan,

Its about the hardwars's capability. PIX is not designed to support the WebVPN or SSL VPN functionality. That is one of the reasons why ASA has been developed. You might want to look at the ASA features.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/ps6120/products_data_sheet0900aecd80402e3f.html

Regards,

Kamal

Kamal thanks your reply. I don't want to go on too long about this but I am curious.

The 515 does support (non SSL) vpn, so to me I cannot see a significant difference, I presume that SSL VPN will use, broadly, similar encryption to (say) IPSEC. Microsoft have (I believe) introduced SSL VPN on their latest ISA server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: