cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN Bandwidth

Kraemerbrothers
Level 1
Level 1

Our Office curently has 3MB down & 384k up over a cable modem. I have 10 or so guys connecting into the office using site to site VPN back into the PIX 506e. They use Outlook exclusively. My Question is, if I increase the upload to 1Mb, will that be sufficient to allow for file sharing (word, excel, digital pics, etc) with acceptable performance?

4 Replies 4

spremkumar
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

If you are planning for extensive file upload may be 1 Mbps will be of good choice but it still depends on how many concurrent sessions will be there doing the uploads.

But you can certainly see a improvement in the performance while doing the uploads coz of the upgrade from 384K to 1Mbps...

regds

sdesteuben
Level 1
Level 1

hello. i have a simular issue. here is my findings. we have a partal t1 (384k up and down) we currently run a asa5505 to 2801router. we have at a range of 1 to 10 users connecting using outlook and light filesharing. we have had no issues at all. i have even ran two or three remote desktop connections over the vpn with no noticable issues.

hope that helps

Do any of you know if I can increase the bandwidth of my VPN tunnel?

Hi

It all depends on the physical link bandwidth on top of which you are building this vpn tunnel...

If you want to increase the bandwidth being used by VPN then you need to either reserve the bandwidth or limit the bandwidth.

regds

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: