cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WCCP w/WAAS IOS Compatability

jheckart
Level 3
Level 3

I am in the process of testing WAAS with WCCP. I have a 7206VXR at the core, where a cluster of WAE's will live.

In my remote offices, I have a range of 2800's, 3700's, and 2620's (non XM).

From other posts, I have seen where the minimum recommended IOS is 12.4(10).

Right now, the 7206 is 12.3(22). I can upgrade it if need be, but it is stable. The 3700's and 2800's are minimum 12.4(10). The 2600's are another story. They are 12.2(40), and obviously cannot go to 12.4.

Will I need to upgrade the 7206?

Will the 2600's work well, or should I consider PBR or Inline for those?

Thanks,

Jeff

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Jeff,

12.3(22)* and 12.2(40) are both fine from a WCCP perspective. However, you should consider using inline interception with the 2600's and they will become a performance bottleneck once WAAS is deployed.

Thanks,

Zach

* Note that WCCP in 12.3 code does not redirect fragments.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Zach Seils
Level 7
Level 7

Jeff,

12.3(22)* and 12.2(40) are both fine from a WCCP perspective. However, you should consider using inline interception with the 2600's and they will become a performance bottleneck once WAAS is deployed.

Thanks,

Zach

* Note that WCCP in 12.3 code does not redirect fragments.

Zach,

Thanks for the response. I had been researching, and was particularly concerned with this post:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=Networking%20Solutions&topic=Application%20Networking&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Dpass_through%26location%3Doutline%40%5E1%40%40.1dddd573/4#selected_message

In this case, it was an issue with firewall, and nat on an interface with redirect, which I will not encounter.

Should I expect the redirection to be problematic with my earlier releases?

Thanks again.

CSCuk61396 occurs when the router is handling packets that are bypassed by the WCCP Client (i.e. a WAE). WAAS does not currrntly handle packets using the WCCP bypass mechanism. The IOS versions you mentioned should be fine for that major version (12.2 & 12.3).

Thanks,

Zach

Zach,

Thanks for your help on this.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: