cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Unity Install

jdmooreialr
Level 1
Level 1

I'm having a problem with a fresh image of Unity. Windows will not let me add the Server to the domain. I have verified that there are no problems with AD by install Windows 2000 from CD and worked ok. Has anyone else had this problem?

4 Replies 4

mchandak
Level 7
Level 7

There are only 2 instances when I've seen this happen.

1. When the new server is unable to resolve or contact the DC.

2. The account which is being used to add the server to the domain does not have Domain Admin rights or invalid login info was supplied.

Also, can you let us know what is the error message you get when you try to add ?

Based on the event logs from the DC it is contacting the server. The Windows 2000 server I built from an MS cd worked fine with the same credentials. Seems to be an issue with the Cisco Image of Windows 2000. One other issue I have noticed on the image is that you can't access the C$ or admin$ share on the DC.

I'm not at the office so I can't get the exact error. But i'll post it tomorrow.

Based on the event logs from the DC it is contacting the server. The Windows 2000 server I built from an MS cd worked fine with the same credentials. Seems to be an issue with the Cisco Image of Windows 2000. One other issue I have noticed on the image is that you can't access the C$ or admin$ share on the DC.

I'm not at the office so I can't get the exact error. But i'll post it tomorrow.

I VPN into a got the message, Here it is.

Security policies were propagated with warning. 0x534 : No mapping between account names and security IDs was done.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: