cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS replication problem

ngholmieh
Level 1
Level 1

I want to setup replication between two ACS 4.0.1.44 boxes. I added a AAA entry in each server pointing to the other server. I configured the exact same keys in the "self" and "added_ACS" on both machines.

After completing the Data replication setup on both servers, setting up one to send and the other to receive, I clicked on "Replicate Now" on the primary to test the replication.

Then I went to check the Database_replication.csv, the replication failed with the following error on the secondary:

Inbound database replication from ACS 'primary-ACS' denied - shared secret mismatch

I have made sure that the keys in the 2 AAA entries on each server are exactly the same. (self + added server, on both boxes have the SAME secret). I even tried to restart the ACS services, and then also reboot both ACS boxes. And it still did not work.

Is there something else I need to look into?

Thanks!

4 Replies 4

Premdeep Banga
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

If your AAA server is under NDG, then move then to "Not Assigned" and then try.

If we have a key defined on NDG level it over rides key on AAA client/AAA server level.

Regards,

Prem

Did moving the AAA server out of the NDG group to not assigned resolve this issue?

I think I might be having the same problem.

Thanks,

mark.cronin
Level 2
Level 2

Please take a look at this bug

I have upgraded to 4.1.1

CSCse33757 Bug Details

ACS services couldn't load after replication/restore

Symptom:

After a replication between ACS servers, if the the secondary is restarted, the server/appliance will go to 100% CPU

Conditions:

-Replication between ACS servers

-Secondary is restarted, it will go to 100% CPU

Workaround:

None for the moment

Further Problem Description:

The problem is caused by a missing checkpoint to force the database to sync with the restore file. The reload will cause a DB corruption

Status

Fixed

Severity

Last Modified

In Last 7 Days

Product

Cisco Secure Access Control Server Solution Engine

Technology

1st Found-In

4.0(1.42)

4.1(1.5)

Fixed-In

4.1(1)

Related Bugs

if slave unit is rebooted after replication it will have and some servic

When replicating ACS appliances running 4.0, the replication proceeds without any errors. After replication the slave unit will pass authentication requests just fine. If you reboot the slave then the GUI will not come back up. If you connect to the console and do a show command, you will see that several services are not running. csacse-1113-1.cisco.com Cisco Secure ACS: 4.0.1.44 Appliance Management Software: 4.0.1.44 Appliance Base Image: 4.0.1.2 CSA build 4.0.1.543.2: (Patch: 4_0_1_543) Session Timeout: 10 Last Reboot Time: Thu Jul 13 07:24:05 2006 Current Date & Time: 7/13/2006 07:36:08 Time Zone: (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada) NTP Server(s): NTP Synchronization Disabled. CPU Load Free Disk Free Physical Memory 0.00% 17.0 GB 821 MB Appliance IP Configuration DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . .: No IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . .: 10.36.1.100 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . .: 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . .: 10.36.1.1 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . .: 10.11.12.13 --- Please hit enter to continue --- NTP Server(s): NTP Synchronization Disabled. CPU Load Free Disk Free Physical Memory 0.00% 17.0 GB 821 MB Appliance IP Configuration DHCP Enabled. . . . . . . . . . .: No IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . .: 10.36.1.100 Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . .: 255.255.255.0 Default Gateway . . . . . . . . .: 10.36.1.1 DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . .: 10.11.12.13 --- Please hit enter to continue --- CSAdmin stopped CSAuth stopped CSDbSync stopped CSLog stopping CSMon starting CSRadius starting CSTacacs stopped CSAgent running You will not be able to restart the services from the command line. The only option is to use the recovery cd to recover the appliance

alfonso.cornejo
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

Were you able to solve this??

I'm having the same situation.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: