simple question

Answered Question
Jun 4th, 2007

I am very new to cisco world hence my very simple question (i am very ashmed to ask such a simple question) what is the proper way to shutdown cisco router (2610) (ie in linux shutdown command, in windows clicking in shutdown). I am setting up a lab to study cisco certification but i dont want to leave them running all the time (waste of electricity). So what command do i use to shut them down?

thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by t4tauseef33 about 9 years 7 months ago

HI

yah there is a reboot command with the same keyword (reboot)but it will work when you are in privilege mode.

# means you are in privilege mode like

ROUTER#

Now you will give reboot command

ROUTER#reboot

after that it ask to you whether to save config or not Press y/N

thanks

Tauseef

Correct Answer by mohammedmahmoud about 9 years 7 months ago

Hi,

Never be ashamed to ask any question :) you won't learn anything except by reading and asking questions.

For Cisco routers, there is no shutdown command to shut the router, all that you have to do is to make sure that you've saved your configuration ("copy run start" or "write mem") and then power it off from the power switch.

Please never hesitate to ask any questions, however trivial you think it is.

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies using the scroll box on the right,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Overall Rating: 5 (2 ratings)
Correct Answer
mohammedmahmoud Mon, 06/04/2007 - 23:16

Hi,

Never be ashamed to ask any question :) you won't learn anything except by reading and asking questions.

For Cisco routers, there is no shutdown command to shut the router, all that you have to do is to make sure that you've saved your configuration ("copy run start" or "write mem") and then power it off from the power switch.

Please never hesitate to ask any questions, however trivial you think it is.

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies using the scroll box on the right,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

rajibchicago Tue, 06/05/2007 - 20:22

thanks for your help. do u happen to know the command for reboot or restaring router?

thanks again

Correct Answer
t4tauseef33 Tue, 06/05/2007 - 23:04

HI

yah there is a reboot command with the same keyword (reboot)but it will work when you are in privilege mode.

# means you are in privilege mode like

ROUTER#

Now you will give reboot command

ROUTER#reboot

after that it ask to you whether to save config or not Press y/N

thanks

Tauseef

Actions

This Discussion