Views
Helpful
Replies

Other Group Pickup - any alert ?

e-chuah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi..

I have some questions on Group Pickup and Other Group pickup.

Scenario: if i have Group1, Group2, and Group3.

Group1 is configured to pickup calls from both Group2 and Group3. If someone call a phone in Group2,

(a) will the IP phone in Group1 see a visual or audio alert (i know CCM4.2 can support audio/video alert, but not sure if it applies across groups)

(b) When the phone in Group1 pickups the call by using the oPickup softkey, he should not need to key in the group number of Group2 (as in the the normal Group Pickup) to pickup calls from Group2.

Thanks

Eng Wee

1 Reply 1

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Eng Wee,

The Audio/Visual Alerts only apply within the Pickup Group (not across groups as you have noted)

When using the OPickup softkey to pickup calls no other keys will need to be used.

Have a look;

Cisco IP Phones provide three types of call pickup: call pickup, group call pickup, and other group call pickup.

Call pickup Allows users to pick up incoming calls within their own group. Cisco CallManager automatically dials the appropriate call pickup group number when the user activates this feature from a Cisco IP Phone. Use the Pickup softkey for this type of call pickup.

For this type of call pickup, you can configure audio and visual notification to the rest of the call pickup group members that a call is available for pickup.

Group call pickup Allows users to pick up incoming calls in another group. User must dial the appropriate call pickup group number when activating this feature from a Cisco IP Phone. Use the GPickup softkey for this type of call pickup.

Other group call pickup Allows users to pick up incoming calls in a group that is associated with their own group. The Cisco CallManager automatically searches for the incoming call in the associated groups to make the call connection when the user activates this feature from a Cisco IP Phone. Use the OPickup softkey for this type of call pickup.

Call Pickup

From this excellent 4.2.1 doc;

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_administration_guide_chapter09186a008055cd5c.html#wp1039590

Hope this helps!

Rob