Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity installation - Configure message store wizard error

acleri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm installing Unity 4.2, running CUICA at step 4 I need to run the Message Store configuration wizard.

When I set the exchange 2003 server and the mailbox store I press next and I get an error that Unity_NAMESERVER could be not found in the AD and check the dns for SRV record!!!!

The problem seems that the system look for a name that is not existing in effect it looks for Unity_NAMESERVER instead of lookin just for the NAMESERVER.

Why it put Unity_ before the name server ???

Thanks for your help!

5 Replies 5

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

The Unity_servername mailbox is created on the partner exchange server information store during the Message Store configuration wizard. This mailbox is used for incoming voice mail messages from external callers. Were you logged on with the unityinstall account? The logged on account needs to have the permissions to create the unity_servername account in AD.

Ginger

to add to what Ginger says here: the unity_servername account is one of the default accounts created by the unity installation in AD.

rlp

The AD account is Unity_

and the

Exchange mailbox is Unity Messaging System -

rlp

The problem was that the unity is connected to a domain controller in a dmz area.

The domain controller was not a Global catalog so the message store wizare could not create the unity_xxx user.

We open the firewall ports to connect to the gc. Problem solved.

Thank you!

Andy

sorry, wrong message posting.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: