Translation Patterns on CM4.2.3

Unanswered Question
Jun 5th, 2007

Guys,

Have a slight issue wondering if you can help.

Got CM4.2.3 set up with Pub and subscriber at 1 location and 2nd subscriber at another location via a 155mb MPLS link. All works fine but came across an issue when the had an MPLS issue. This took the Publisher connection down to the 2nd subscriber. With the known issue with EM this was fine but we were unable to recieve incoming calls. There unfortuantly due to the nature of the set up and customer requirment for a global phone plan we have a translation rule for most number on the CM. (Theye are not contiguous so didnt put them on the GW.

When the pubslisher went down we could not accept incoming calls. This id did not have time to resolve fully as the MPLS network came back. Calls I am sure were getting to the Voice GW.

The translation rule is placed in the Emergency CSS which contains the Internal and emer PT and the Gateway is in the Premium Partition which has all the PT including Internal and Emer in it.

But incoming calls were not being recieved, outgoing was ok. This is why I suspect the translations rules. I dont think they are reliant on the Pub, in fact i am pretty sure so any ideas what might cause this.

Thanks once again

Paul

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 2 (1 ratings)
gogasca Tue, 06/05/2007 - 09:57

Which type of GW you were using?

If H323|SIP you should have the GW in a Device Pool that contain both servers and 2 dial-peers pointing to each CCM including some h225 voice class for h225 TCP timeout.

You said outgoing worked fine, the same GW was used?

bigcappa1 Wed, 06/06/2007 - 01:08

My GW is in the same device pool as my CM

My voip dial peers are configured first one to sub and 2nd to Pub. with the former having the higher preference

H225 is set as (h225 timeout tcp establish 8)

And yes the same GW is used got outgoing and incoming (actually there is two) but no calls were made at all (both GW are configured the same just have a different ISDN coming in

cheers

Paul

Actions

This Discussion