Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can't run proxy in transparent mode with LDAP authentication

I configure proxy in transparent mode with no LDAP authentication it's work but I enable LDAP authentication it's not work.

I got e-mail alert about error in LDAP authentication. See alert below.

The Warning message is:

Configuration parameter errors. Invalid Transparent Auth Server: mgmt.wsa.ironport.xxx.xx.xx Last message occurred 11 times between Mon Jun 4 11:58:04 2007 and Mon Jun 4 11:59:01 2007.

Product: IronPort S650 Web Security Appliance
Model: S650
Version: 5.1.0-420
Serial Number: 0019B9B0CE7E-FN20MC1
Timestamp: 04 Jun 2007 12:02:58 +0700

For more information about this message, please see
http://support.ironport.com
If you desire further information, please contact your support provider.

To open a support request for this issue, access the IronPort S650 and issue the "supportrequest" command. The command sends an email with diagnostic information directly to your IronPort support provider to facilitate a rapid diagnosis of the problem.

What 's the matter? How do I solve this problem?
How do I configure proxy in transparent mode with LDAP authentication?

Thanks,
Thanapol

2 Replies 2

jowolfer
Level 1
Level 1

In transparent mode, the WSA will need to redirect clients to it's own virtual authentication server (the hostname of the WSA) in order to perform authentication.

The problem is that this transparent auth server address is not resolvable by the WSA.

In your case, this is mgmt.wsa.ironport.xxx.xx.xx. This needs to be resolvable by both the WSA and the clients in order for this to work properly.

If this is not the hostname you wish to use, you can change your hostname via the cli command "sethostname".

If you must have a different transparent auth server location then your hostname, there is a hidden command to change this auth server location as well.

hi ,

I have the same problem, what is the hidden command to change the transparent auth server name ?\

thx

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: