no-cef on Port-Channel?

Unanswered Question
Jun 5th, 2007
User Badges:

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if I have a problem. I noticed that on a port-channel I have one of the two channeled interfaces has the command "no ip route-cache cef". There are two interfaces on one switch and two on the other, port channeled. CEF is enabled globally on the switch, so three of the four interfaces have it enabled by defulat. Likewise the port-channel config on each switch has it enabled by default.

Furthering the mystery, running the "sho cef interface brief" command show that the port channel on both sides is runnig CEF.

I do not see high cpu, nor any strange traffic/routing issues. But give the non-linear config I am concerned.

So my question to the experts, do I have a problem here??

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Jon Marshall Tue, 06/05/2007 - 23:18
User Badges:
  • Super Blue, 32500 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

Founding Member

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, WAN

Hi

The port-channel settings apply to all interfaces within the port-channel but interface specific settings override port-channel settings. If the etherchannel has formed successfully then no i don't think you have a problem but for consistency i would take off the "no ip route-cache cef" command on the physcial interface unless you know of a very good reason not to.

HTH

Jon

e.maloney Wed, 06/06/2007 - 06:18
User Badges:

Thanks Jon. I agree, I want to keep the config consistant so I'm going to remove that statement. Still no erros/issues on the port channel though.

Thanks for the reponse.

- TM

Actions

This Discussion