cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Router gets high cpu when ACL is pasted into config

randyclark
Level 1
Level 1

Our Cisco3550 gets slow and drops connections and telnet session when I paste a ACL from wordpad into the CLI. Why is that? The ACL is not applied to any interface or VLAN.

4 Replies 4

bjornarsb
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Is this problem when you are saving the configuration ?

If your configuration file is large, run the copy startup-config running-config command during off-peak hours. This command might slow down traffic for several minutes while the system is merging the starting and the running configurations.

If you have problems with NVRAM,

try to enable :

Router(config)# service compress-config

BR,

Bjornarsb

No the problem is when I paste the ACL from wordpad. It will copy the first few lines and then it will get jerky. Most times I lose connection and the router will burp for a second. The CPU will go up to about 50. Normally it runs 6-10. That's what I don't understand. I'm just copying and ACL through telnet and it's not applied yet. I haven't tried directly connected.

try enabling cef & see if it still persists.

It must be a Hyperterm problem or setting. When I used PowerTerm I had no problems.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: