Views
Helpful
Replies

H-REAP clients disconnect each 10 minutes

chigevsky
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I'm experiencing a problem with H-REAP users.

I have set up a WLC 4402 and WLAN with WPA2+DOT1X. Controller authorizes clients via RADIUS.

H-REAP access points (1131AG) are connected through a 2Mbits link and local switching is enabled for the WLAN.

The problem is that clients lost connection with the WLAN and recconect againg shortly. All tcp sessions are dropped at that moment.

It is seen from a debug that disconnects occur because of pmk chache expires and client needs to reauthenticate.

As far as I can see pmk cache expiration time isn't controlled from a config. I believe that such behaviour is wrong (i mean routinely disconnections).

Does anybody know why it happens and how should I set up a H-REAP mode to have permanent reliable connection to the WLAN?

1 Reply 1

thomas.chen
Level 6
Level 6

The PMK cache is related to the session timeout value in the WLAN. Default setting is 1800 seconds, which should be about 30 minutes. This is only the timeout for the session key, and not the authentication. If the client is needing to reauthenticate frequently, I would look at the time outs in your AAA server and see what they are set too.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card