Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Configuring etherchannel

I have two buildings I need to interconnect I have 2 point to point radios (redline 36Mbps each). How can I make a bundle with both radios? Can I configure an Ethercahnnel trough this link? If not, what do you suggest to improve the performance of network?

tHANKS

regards;

3 Replies 3

rdboyd
Level 1
Level 1

I would connect each radio to a different network and L3 load balance using either EIGRP or OSPF. This would seem to work the best.

Your other option would be to load balance via L2 using LACP.

Let me know if you need an example.

regards

Rick

I do not have any router all my conection is L2 in bot. h sites building A and building Building B is an extension of my LAN on Building A.

Rich if you have an example I will appreciate it.

Regards

Leo

griffijo
Level 1
Level 1

I agree that L3 load balancing would be the best option. I actually read a paper recently that addressed this issue and one of the options was to adjust the cost so that each site uses a different path as the primary link. So building A sees Path A as the best route, and building B sees Path B as the best route. The reason is that with Unicast traffic flowing in one direction the wireless link is slightly more efficient then if you had bi-directional traffic flowing across each wireless link. I do this with 2 pairs of 1300 bridges.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card