Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading old version of CiscoWorks

Willard Dennis
Level 1
Level 1

Hello NetPro community,

I have inherited a older server running CiscoWorks2000 LMS, but I am not sure which version of LMS... First off, how can I tell this? I go to the "About the Server" page, and it lists the Apps Installed and the Pkgs Installed, which have all different ver #'s. Is there an easy way to look at something and determine which version I have installed? (I know it's modular...) Most of the Install Dates are "2-15-2002".

Next, we do have SmartNet support on this sw, so I assume that it can be upgraded to the latest version. But I will want to put the newer version on a new server (the current server needs to be retired, it's a very old one.) I don't mind reconfig'ing CWLMS, but I assume the upgrade ver will want to validate the old license. How does this work in this case?

Thanks for any help provided,

Will Dennis

NEC Laboratories America

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Will.

Ok, so that's it...you're version of Ciscoworks is CWLMS-2.0 CD1 4th edition.

If you have ACLM or IPM installed on that server, you're running the RWAN bundle.

-Joe

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jreekers
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Will.

Prior to Common Services 2.2 (LMS 2.2), Ciscoworks version was identified either by the CD1 version you would have, or by the version of Common Services/RME/Campus Manager. In fact, you may not have a LMS box at all but possibly an RWAN installation. Anyway, if you tell me what version of Resource Manager Essentials you see under Server Configuration--> About the Server--> Applications and versions, I can give you more info.

As for getting an upgrade, it's not likely you'll be able to get an upgrade with only a SmartNet contract...this should be something you work out with your Account Manager.

As for licensing, prior to LMS 2.5, there was no license required or issued for Ciscoworks.

Regards,

-Joe R.

Hi Joe,

The RME is at version 3.3 (installed 2-15-2002)

The CD1 line says: CD One Fourth Edition / v 2.0 / installed 2-14-2002

Thanks for your help!

Will

Hi Will.

Ok, so that's it...you're version of Ciscoworks is CWLMS-2.0 CD1 4th edition.

If you have ACLM or IPM installed on that server, you're running the RWAN bundle.

-Joe

Thanks so much, Joe!

No ACLM or IPM installed that I can see...

So I guess I'd have to repurchase the newest LMS version in my case?

Thanks again for the quick response!

Will

Hi Will.

Yes...most likely you will. Only your Account Manager can tell you for sure, but from the looks of it, you'll have to pay for the latest version.

Good luck.

-Joe R.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: