cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem on external call to Unity call handler/greeting

auraycats
Level 1
Level 1

I dial ie. 68776399 from an external normal phone to reach the Unity greeting/voice mail. This allows user read the mail outside the office. I have no problem to reach the greeting. However, it somehow takes a different greeting/handler (only two option, less handler options)than internal ipt phone message key or dial 6399 in the office and stop me to enter caller input i.e. * to signin. I check all handlers and they all have sign in key set up. The unity version is v4.04(4). I have no problem to run the same function (external call to Unity and manage voice mail function properly in a different location/Unity. which are the possible causes on this problem? How to rectify it? Appreciate your help

Regards

Au Ray

Singapore

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The most common problem here is DTMF not passing through from the gateway to Unity - check out this tech tip and see if it helps:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps2237/products_tech_note09186a0080094607.shtml

Lindborg, it is very informative. I add dtmf H245 alphanumic in the dial peers at the pstn gateway router, the external call can manage the voice mail now.

Au Ray

Singapore

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: