cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

827 NAT Question

N_Martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to configure an 827 running 12.2(8)T5 with static NAT.

The WAN IP is provided via DHCP on the ATM interface and the LAN is connected via Ethernet0 to a 192.168.0.0/24 subnet

I want to forward ALL traffic hitting the WAN interface to IP add 192.168.0.253 on the LAN.

I would usualy use the command

'ip nat inside source static 192.168.0.253 interface Dialer1'

However the 827 does not accept this syntax. I get as far as 'ip nat inside source static 192.168.0.253' but after that it is expecting an inside global address and will not accept 'interface dialer1'

I do not have a static WAN address I can give it. Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Neil.

6 Replies 6

foxbatreco
Level 3
Level 3

Hii..as i understand frm ur post... u basically want to hv the inside n/w to move out the isp interface using nat with atm i/f.

u shud use....ip nat inside source list 1 interface dialer 1 overload.

and define an acl as: access-list 1 permit 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255 .

ths shld resolve the problem if this is wht is intended.

the statement u hv used is basically a static mapping which needs a global ip to be linked with local ip protocol for traffic redirection, which is not suitable for ur scenario.

Pls do rate the post.

No that is not what I am trying to achieve. I would like to forward ALL inbound traffic from the internet to a specific internal IP address.

It is a simple setup that even the cheapest routers can achieve but the command I usually use is not accepted on this router.

I did try configuring the router as a transparent bridge but the device behind the router became unstable when the ISP changed the WAN IP address hence why I am trying the NAT method. I can get an 837 to work just not this dam 827.

a.cruea1980
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried: ip nat source static 192.168.0.13 int di1 ?

The only other idea is to try a route-map with NAT. ip nat outside route (routemap name) blah blah blah. . .but I don't know if it'll work.

Can't say I've ever really dealt with NAT and DHCP.

N_Martin
Level 1
Level 1

I have answered my own question.

you need the feature 'NAT - Default Inside Server Enhancement '

Just upgraded the IOS - job done!

Anyone that answers his own question and takes the time to let others know, deserves appreciation, so I have rated your post!

I have found the answers to many of my questions on this forum, it is only fair that I contribute.

Thanks for your vote!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card