cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

827 NAT Question

N_Martin
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I am trying to configure an 827 running 12.2(8)T5 with static NAT.

The WAN IP is provided via DHCP on the ATM interface and the LAN is connected via Ethernet0 to a 192.168.0.0/24 subnet

I want to forward ALL traffic hitting the WAN interface to IP add 192.168.0.253 on the LAN.

I would usualy use the command

'ip nat inside source static 192.168.0.253 interface Dialer1'

However the 827 does not accept this syntax. I get as far as 'ip nat inside source static 192.168.0.253' but after that it is expecting an inside global address and will not accept 'interface dialer1'

I do not have a static WAN address I can give it. Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Neil.

6 Replies 6

foxbatreco
Level 3
Level 3

Hii..as i understand frm ur post... u basically want to hv the inside n/w to move out the isp interface using nat with atm i/f.

u shud use....ip nat inside source list 1 interface dialer 1 overload.

and define an acl as: access-list 1 permit 192.168.0.0 0.0.0.255 .

ths shld resolve the problem if this is wht is intended.

the statement u hv used is basically a static mapping which needs a global ip to be linked with local ip protocol for traffic redirection, which is not suitable for ur scenario.

Pls do rate the post.

No that is not what I am trying to achieve. I would like to forward ALL inbound traffic from the internet to a specific internal IP address.

It is a simple setup that even the cheapest routers can achieve but the command I usually use is not accepted on this router.

I did try configuring the router as a transparent bridge but the device behind the router became unstable when the ISP changed the WAN IP address hence why I am trying the NAT method. I can get an 837 to work just not this dam 827.

a.cruea1980
Level 3
Level 3

Have you tried: ip nat source static 192.168.0.13 int di1 ?

The only other idea is to try a route-map with NAT. ip nat outside route (routemap name) blah blah blah. . .but I don't know if it'll work.

Can't say I've ever really dealt with NAT and DHCP.

N_Martin
Level 1
Level 1

I have answered my own question.

you need the feature 'NAT - Default Inside Server Enhancement '

Just upgraded the IOS - job done!

Anyone that answers his own question and takes the time to let others know, deserves appreciation, so I have rated your post!

I have found the answers to many of my questions on this forum, it is only fair that I contribute.

Thanks for your vote!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card