Helpful
Replies

Cisco 1751V problem reset

ciscouser111
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

i have a problem with cisco 1751v.

I need to reset him to factory default (PASSWORD RECOVERY FUNCTIONALITY IS DISABLED).i read on Cisco website the solution of the break key on boot startup but doesn't work.I use different terminal emulation,but the router dont accept break key.

u have some solution?

thank you

14 Replies 14

bamnocadmin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Did you try Ctrl-Break in Windows HT?

Thanks.

thank you 4 your reply.Yep,i try this solution too,but nothing happens.The router continue booting and dont let me able to insert command. other solution?

Thank's

Hi,

maybe that could help you:

http://www.heinzulm.com/password.php

try more and more ... not always it works at first attempt ;)

Regards

Andrea

thank you andrea,but i have already try this solution.The break don't work.... )-:

please,help!!

I have never had any luck with the CTL-Break sequence. Have you tried the sequence "CTL-Shift-6" and "C"? (equals ^C).

This seems to work for me most times. May need to type it 4-5 times during the "Break window" described in the link posted above.

HTH

Hi,

There is no standard password recovery procedure for the Cisco Catalyst 1700 products. If you forget the password, the Cisco device can be accessed by using the factory-installed password. Once you gain access to the device using the factory-installed password, you can change the password to a known password.

To recover your password, follow the steps below:

For security reasons, the factory-installed passwords are not made available on the Cisco web site. Contact the Cisco TAC for the factory-installed password.

Provide the serial number and/or Media Access Control (MAC) address of the switch.

The serial number is usually located on the back of the unit. To obtain the MAC address, remove the cover and read the Ethernet address of the Programmable Read-Only Memory (PROM).

Rate if it does,

Rgs

tnx for post.

The problem is i can not access to router> or similar.The router stop respond when show me the ETH and BRI status and i can't send command.

solution?

I had success on a 1751-V router using the key sequence "CTL-F6, Break" (Hold down CTL, press F6, release both, press Break).

All break sequences are listed in the following URL:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/routers/ps133/products_tech_note09186a0080174a34.shtml

Make sure you do the sequence roughly when the "Image text-base:... " part of the banner begins. (about 5-7 seconds after the decompressing image finishes)

HTH, please rate if it does.

Russ

hallo Russ,

you talk about combination on Windows Xp with Hyperterminal or other emulator? CTRL+F6 + break isnt for old HyperTerminal 595160? i try..tnx

not work...

Hi,

Complete these steps to simulate a break key sequence:

1.Connect to the router with these terminal settings:

1200 baud rate

No parity

8 data bits

1 stop bit

No flow control

You no longer see any output on your screen, and this is normal.

2.Power cycle (switch off and then on) the switch and press the SPACEBAR for 10-15 seconds in order to generate a signal similar to the break sequence.

3.Disconnect your terminal, and reconnect with a 9600 baud rate. You enter the ROM Monitor mode.

HTH, please do rate all helpful replies,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Hi,

I just want to make sure that you know the following:

The No Service Password-Recovery feature prevents the completion of the Break key sequence and the entering of ROMMON mode during system startups and reloads.

To recover a device once the No Service Password-Recovery feature has been enabled, press the Break key within 5 seconds after the image decompresses during the boot. You are prompted to confirm the Break key action. When you confirm the action, the startup configuration is erased, the password-recovery procedure is enabled, and the router boots with the factory default configuration.

If you do not confirm the Break key action, the router boots normally with the No Service Password-Recovery feature enabled.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6350/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a008044cbc9.html

HTH,

Mohammed Mahmoud.

Tnx for reply.

i know this step,but the router don't wont responding.The problem is that when i press enter,the HT don't accept command and continue whit boot.....strange! maybe some problem with the cable?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: