Views
Helpful
Replies

CallManager Express

valides007
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm using a CallManger Express on Cisco 2821. Here are my questions regarding the E-991:

What type of interface is required for the router/Call Manager for 911, (DID) Direct Dial? and is our system configured for that interface?

What is configuration requirements are needed if each IP Addressable Telephone is to be uniquely identified from the Call Manager to the 911 Center?

3 Replies 3

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello,

how do you connect to PSTN ? You need ISDN BRI or PRI for each telephone to be identifiable by the called (911 or not)

I'm connected to PRI, but in case of emergency call i think the IP-PBX will be located. We have some phones way far from the IP-PBX location, so if the emergency call is coming from one of these phones, how we locate the phone. This is our issue, and we want to know if there is any system we can apply for that.

Hi,

Perhaps someone else has better experience on this (lot of good advice on 911 matters if you search the forum).

I imagine that you can communicate to the emergency center the exact locations of your extensions so they it in some database, but this is only a supposition on my side.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: